1. Las Ramblas... the main street of Barcelona. Filled with street performers, flower shops, bird vendors, and souvenirs, Las Ramblas always had something visually stimulating to keep you occupied for some time.
2. Casa Battlo... one of the houses designed by Gaudi, we did not venture inside.
3. Casa Mila, aka La Pedrera. We did go inside this place designed by Gaudi. He was either a genius or insane. I side with the latter, and Cait with the former, but that is a perfect example of our relationship and personal views on life... But I will highly recommend visiting here, if not only for the attic section (apparently the roof is best, but due to the weather we could not gain access.
4. Me posing at Parc Guell overlooking Barcelona and some Gaudi architecture in the background, but the real aesthetically pleasing scenery is seen in the foreground...
5. Santa Maria del Mar.. another massive display of wealth and power of the Catholic Church back in the day.
6-7. More Parc Guell action. Sorry for the lack of order of these pictures, none of them are ordered chronologically.
8-9. Sagrada Familia... another phenomenal Gaudi piece of architecture. There is nothing else like it and I do not think there ever will be. The sheer enormity of the building makes you want to take a few steps back to try and grasp the whole picture, but if you do, you miss out on the exquisite detail covering every inch of the structure. Definitely the highlight of the trip.
I had to keep the post brief because the actual work of the semester is starting. I have 3 papers due in the next 3-4 weeks and then finals. However, I'm still fitting in time to travel. This weekend I plan on going to Pisa and Bologna, and hopefully Venice for a day if I can squeeze it in. I hope to post Milan and Budapest by Thursday, but I also have to start (and finish) and a paper by Thursday as well.




1 comment:
WOW, looks amazing. You could spend hours there just looking in one small area of a building. Good luck on those papers and tests.
Post a Comment