Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cinque Terre = Cinque Stelle (picture edition)


From top to bottom: 1. Overlooking Riomaggiore and the Mediterranean 2. The church overlooking Riomaggiore we hiked to on the first day 3. View from my hostel window (25 euro/night) 4. View from the church, looking down on Riomaggiore 5. View from church 6. Looking out my window from my bed 7. View from my hostel window (to the right of the water) 8. Mass amounts of pasta, sausage, green beans, onions, and red peppers made the first night 9. Swimming in Mediterranean in Monterosso al Mare 10. Overlooking Monterosso al Mare 11. Overlooking the town of Vernazza 12. Getting splashed by waves in Vernazza 13. Corniglia from the trail 14. Manarola 15. Sunset from my room on the second night in Riomaggiore

I'll be writing about my scenic adventure sometime soon, but for now hopefully these pictures will suffice! Cinque Terre (Five lands) was absolutely incredible and I give it cinque stelle (five stars).













2 comments:

Laurie said...

OMG I have no words for such an incredible looking spot. Do places like this on earth really exist?????

The Ward Family said...

Tyler,
Cinque Terre had to be one of my most favorite places when we visited Italy. I forgot to tell you about our favorite restaurant there where the cook and owner when he gets done with meals comes out and plays his guitar. He even made up a song for our family about California!!!