Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Residence Candia and Restlessness

So this is my place. Kind of small but good view down the street. We're about a block away from the Vatican walls which is nice. Two bathrooms in which the pic on the left is the biggest. My roommates and I are going to rotate beds because there are 2 twin and 1 double thats lofted. I'm starting out on the twin bed first to try and avoid the rising heat. Besides these photos theres a main room with a table/chairs, tv, couch/bed thing, and a kitchen. Its a nice open space.


Nothing was planned for the day except moving in our stuff and I've been pretty jet lagged all day but avoiding sleep (besides a one hour nap) so I can become adjusted as quickly as possible with a solid nights rest. I got pizza for my first Roman meal and went grocery shopping to buy some generic corn flakes (best they had), peanut butter and jelly, bread, bananas, some yogurt, milk, pasta, and sauce for later meals. Besides that I've been sitting around not doing much becuase I'm tired but don't want to sleep, which leaves me with too much time to think about stuff. I hope with the start of tomorrow's orientation I begin to feel less stressed and restless and can begin to enjoy my experience.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Ty,
Looks like a pretty nice place! Im glad things went well on the way over.Try and settle in and get caught up on your sleep as soon as you can.
Luv ya,
Dad

Unknown said...

first meal: pizza?!
i'm disappointed in you!!

The Ward Family said...

Tyler,
You made it. What a great place to live. Did you go down and walk around the vatican? It is awesome at night with the lights. There is a great little restaurant across from the entrance to the vatican museum. Well actually it is down the street and on the curve of the vatican wall. If you look up at the curve you'll see the place we stayed in when we were there last year. The restaurant is in Rick Steves book. Great mussels. There also is the BEST gelato place close to where we stayed. 1 euro scoops and they are huge. It was the best gelato in all of Italy that we tried and we had it almost twice a day at a different place each time.
Have fun. Wish we were there again. Heard you might be coming for the big New Years Bash and 21st celebration!!!!!
JONI

sami said...

ty - it looks so cute!!! what a sweet view. keep taking pictures and have a tiny cup of coffee for me :] this WILL be a trip of a lifetime. you have a very jealous friend back home missing you. carpe diem. MORE STORIES!!!!
love you ty